We hire and train new Santas to work in Shopping Centres & Garden Centres. We hire over 200 each year. Many begin with no experience.
Don’t look like Santa? Don’t worry! Our special Santa costumes are amazing. You will be unrecognisable. And feel just like the big man!
We are looking for gentlemen who are 28 and over to play Santa at Burston Garden Centre, St Albans.
---What is a Santa visit like?---
• Families visit you for 2-3minutes. We give you clever techniques and fun dialogue. We promise, you will never run out of things to say!
• Your lovely Elf, who helps you during each visit, introduces each child.
• You will give a toy from one of your sacks to each child and pose for photos.
---What do you have to say?---
Santa always asks each child what they would like for Christmas.
Several questions about how they are getting on at school and what they are doing to prepare for Christmas bring the visit to life. You can use our step-by-step Santa guide or there is plenty of scope for improvisation for those who enjoy it.
---What’s the costume like?---
Amazing. We make them ourselves to a special design. We’ll even supply you with a fake belly if you need one!
---Do I receive training?---
Yes, and it’s enjoyable. You’ll spend time at the Grotto before it opens to familiarise yourself. Plus meet your Elf team and Grotto Manager who supports you.
---What do Santas say about the role?---
• “Delivering visits as a team is really rewarding.”
• “Even my neighbours’ children didn’t recognise me.”
• “It can be hot.”
• “Some visits are unbelievably special.”
• “Some children are nervous. Most are extremely well behaved for Santa.”
• “The presents are brilliant.”
• “Sometimes I need to perform visits quickly as there is a queue.”
• “It’s like I’m a celebrity. Everyone wants a photo of me.”
Anything else to know…
• A DBS is conducted & paid for by Great Grottos.
• We build your shifts around your availability. You can work a little or a lot.
Apply to find out more. We’ll turn you into Father Christmas in the best temporary job ever.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesAuditions throughout Sept, Oct & Nov
Meet the Team & Training Nov
Grotto Operation Nov - Dec 24th
Paid - Competitive rate. Wages paid fortnightly.
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by the UK National Minimum Wage Act. Find out more
Don't worry if you don't look like the big man. Our costume department has amazing suits, beards, wigs and fake bellies in all sizes.
Male, aged 28 to 85
Applications closed 25 December 2019.