1) Be able to take on Contemporary, Lyrical, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Hip-Hop, Acrobatics and prep level classes for various ages (from toddler to Senior level);
2) Have ability & experience teaching & effectively managing toddlers from 2 years of age;
3) Ability to teach Ballet classes, but not essential;
4) Have experience in creating effective workouts & teaching adult fitness classes, but not essential;
5) Have prior teaching and choreographic experience of at least 2 years;
6) Have a combination of prior dance experience & education (or progress towards) in the dance field;
7) Must be available most afternoons/evenings, except Sunday;
8) Be willing to be hired as an independent contractor and be available most of the year;
9) Be enthusiastic, passionate, energetic, motivating and inspiring to students and someone who loves working with children;
10) Be very responsible, highly reliable, hard working, honest, resourceful, innovative, with excellent communication skills and who is a good team player;
11) Have ABN, Bluecard Working With Children Check and current First Aid certificate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria above.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesNeeds to be available for commencement of duties from 18/01/2020 or earlier
Paid - Negotiable hourly rate
Contract, hourly rate negotiable, depending on level of education & prior experience, immediate start
Anyone, aged 21 to 45
- Attended dancing school: Yes
- Dance styles: Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz
- Teaching or Choreography ability: Intermediate, Expert
Applications closed 29 February 2020.