In order to participate the following are the requirements:
1. You will treat all material as Copyright and not replicate or copy anything for your own usage or sell anything from the film or it’s production without the written permission of the advertiser. If you intend to use the film you create for your own promotion you will need to discuss this first and gain permission of the advertiser.
2. You will provide a visual interpretation of the poem through dance and film this in your own location. You are responsible for the filming and to ensure that the quality is perfect. The film can be completed on your phone if appropriate or other the camera however the advertiser has the final say what is required. Before filming the actual piece you will provide the advertiser with details of how you will be filming your dance.
3. You will choose the music for your dance and this music must be copyright free and have usage for commercial projects such as film.
You will provide the advertiser with the title of the music, its source/date and the performer’s name who has composed the music.
Your selected music needs to include aboriginal instruments and have a theme of aboriginality.
It might be helpful to let the advertiser hear the audio you intend to use.
4. When filming you will need to pay attention to the following:
- that the location is quiet without interference of noise including people, traffic, pets, and other noise interference.
- that the location used is safe for you to perform and that you have permission to perform there
-The location background must be appropriate for the piece of poetry; you select the background; it could be a dance studio, warehouse, park etc. it would be a good idea to discuss the location with the advertiser.
- in filming the piece you will practice social distancing in accordance with current coronavirus guidelines and ensure that you keep yourself safe and any of your crew safe.
5. Health and safety- before performing this piece you will ensure that you are in good shape and that you are healthy and fit and able to complete the piece. You should not proceed with this project if you have any history of injury or a health condition that might stir up or trigger any injuries. You will provide a medical clearance from a general practitioner to the advertiser if you have any medical conditions or injuries in your history that might affect you in this project. You will need to provide the advertiser with a brief written statement declaring that you have no injury or health issues by simply stating you are healthy with no injury.
The location that you use to dance in must be a safe place and up to your discretion.
6. You will provide the final piece of film within 14 days of acceptance of this job. You will provide the advertiser with updates on how you’re progressing by email or text or message on StarNow.
You will provide the film to the advertiser on google drive or similar and this needs to be discussed with the advertiser before you send it. The film must be easily accessible for download.
7. If you’re interested in this work message the advertiser on Star Now who will provide you with the poetry that you’ll be dancing to.
8. The dance piece needs to be between three and five minutes long. The audio needs to be suitable for the dance piece. The entire theme of dance, music, costume, make up should fit the context of Aboriginal heritage.
Any further questions should be directed to the advertiser.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesASAP
Fixed price of $150
Male or female dancer
The performer is a dancer who has an intuition about how to interpret a poem into a dance piece. The context is Aboriginal heritage; the dance will be sensitive to the themes of the poem which include pride, Heritage, suffering, prejudice, love of the land.
Anyone, aged 18 and over
- Dancing ability: Intermediate, Expert
Applications closed 30 April 2020.