This is a not-for-profit project. This is independent for collaboration purposes. Students and artists running it. The project is in the grant application process. During this time, the position offers $15 per episode.
Virtual Live Performance Coordinator to provide support while running each live performance series in Zoom. The VLPC will also contribute to movement and sound experiments.
The Virtual Live Performance Coordinator:
- Must be proficient in Zoom.
- May have interest and/or experience in live performance.
- Should be punctual, enjoy keeping track of time and keeping a production running on time.
- Must have an average or high speed Internet connection.
- Will support the director in stage management tasks during live Zoom performances, i.e.: admitting participants, ensuring performers are seen and heard, providing stage cues, sometimes creating + displaying stage elements for their own screen (i.e. signage), helping prepare teleprompter-like solutions.
- May assist the director with sound + visual compilation.
- Will work with the director, musicians, choreographer + performers to create experimental sound + movement executions for the narrative and musical compositions in the script.
- Will work with the director, cast and crew to create and implement experimental audio + artistic solutions that push the boundaries of the Zoom platform.
- Line producer experience or interest is a plus.
- Information Technology background is a plus.
Audition / Rehearsal / Production datesEach weekly episode will include rehearsal(s) on (a) day(s) prior to performance day and a run-through before the performance the day of.
Season Schedule (16 performances)
Preview Performance: May 2
Ep 1 - Ep 15: May 9 - Aug 15
(Live episodes will be recorded and posted online)
Unpaid – this is a collaboration opportunity - Please see below for info
Expenses paid - $15 per episode.
Collaborations should create mutual benefit and are usually amateur, student or 'Time for Print' projects.
Virtual Performance Coordinator
Anyone, aged 18 and over
Applications closed 29 October 2020.