So we're running a Giveaway as a StarNow members exclusive - with your chance to win the tools to send a top rate self-tape/remote audition!
“Apply Now” for your chance to win the StarNow Self-tape Starter Kit (A phone/camera stand & ring light worth aprox $50.00)
As a bonus, here are some basic tips on how to nail a home-made self-tape, so that you don’t miss out on those roles!
- Follow the casting professional instructions & read what they ask for, as this is your first test for direction
- Your phone is perfectly fine! (Though you will also find there are free self-tape resources at your nearest equity location)
- Make sure you have good lighting (no shadows on your face, a ring-light could be a good investment for this) & clear sound (a quiet space)
- Have a plain background (remember to shut any doors, and clear any messes or distractions)
- Natural face & simple clothes (the casting professional is interested in what you really look like!)
- Avoid the selfie! Either get someone to film you, or set your camera on a stand – the frame should be upper chest to just above your head.
- Send through your video as a link (not a file) if you can - eg. dropbox, vimeo link (remember to include any relevant viewing/access passwords!)
- Properly label what you send through: either as instructed, or with your name & the role/job you are auditioning for eg. JohnSmithStarNowTVCExtra.mp4
Hopefully this gives you the know-how to feel confident with your future self-tapes!
(Don't forget that more tips can be found in our blog & help sections!)
The owner of this listing has agreed to abide by local 'working with children' regulations. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Paid - Prize to be won!
Anyone, aged 15 and over
Applications closed 27 October 2021.